From Joomla! Documentation
If you're new to helping with Joomla! Documentation, and have come to this page as a starting point, we suggest you start at the How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation page instead.
Joomla Documentation Wiki Maintenance
Maintaining a wiki and keeping it organised takes a lot of continuous work on the part of administrators, editors and users. There are always tasks needing attention. Here's a range of areas you can help with improving:
Content needing maintenance
- Broken Redirects - Pages redirecting to non-existent pages
- Orphaned Pages - The following pages are not linked from or transcluded into other pages.
- Needs Completion - Articles tagged as needing completion.
- Needs Review - Articles tagged as needing review.
- Needs image updating - Articles identified as needing images updated, either for major Joomla versions (so image is not current) or minor Joomla versions (so feature has changed, so image is no longer up to date).
- Candidates for Deletion - Pages marked for deletion
- Pages with syntax highlighting errors - Articles with source tags that are missing a language value eg lang="xml"
- Pages with reference errors - errors with references on the page
- Pages with reference errors - Pages that may have broken links due to images or other files being removed. Typically error appears as a red link on a translated page.
- Articles actively undergoing a major edit - Pages marked as In Use
- Articles under construction - Pages marked as Under Construction
- Article split requests - Pages marked for splitting
- Articles merge requests - Pages marked for merging
Content to organize
Content to create
- Needs Pages - Pages identified as being "needed" and tagged with Category:Joomla! Wiki need pages
- GitHub Issues marked "Documentation Required" - List of Joomla CMS Github Issues requiring documentation to be produced due to the impact of the issue or the pull request on Joomla.
- Wanted Pages - List of non-existing pages with links to them
- WantedCategories - List of non-existing categories, tagged in articles
Tutorials to create
The Joomla Documentation team have grouped a number of tasks together in projects to assist with developing documentation for Joomla. Current projects are listed at JDOC Projects. You might find that in writing detailed help articles on a particular subject, you can add that content to the relevant JDOC Project to help with the particular focus of that topic area.
Content to Translate
- Pages without Language Links - Pages that don't have language tags to allow for translation.
- Page Translation Quickstart Guide - Help on how to translate Joomla Documentation
Quickstart Resources to assist you
- How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation
- Documentation Translation
- JDOCS Cheatsheet - formatting tips
There's a number of additional Special Pages on the Joomla! Documentation Wiki, covering other wiki resources that can be used for maintenance and reporting tasks.