Pizza, Bugs and Fun 2019
From Joomla! Documentation
- 1 Goals
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Organization, logistics and communications
- 4 Locations
- 5 Registration
- 6 Requirements
- 7 Preparations and installations
- 8 JDocs Contributors
- 9 Related Information
A Joomla! Pizza Bug and Fun (PBF) event 19th of October 2019 takes place in many countries around the world. This wiki will be used as the central resource for coordinating efforts and accumulating results from this event.
Whether you are a newbie, beginner or professional, graphic designer or programmer, whether you have an agency or a club site, whether female or male, whether young or old Pizza Bugs and Fun is for you. The event is for those who already work with Joomla! or wants to get to know Joomla! first. Only your interest in Joomla! counts. Everyone is welcome. On 19th of October 2019 we would like to invite you all Joomla-enthusiastic users, regardless of your previous knowledge, to make Joomla! even better. We are grateful for any support! Participation is free, non-alcoholic drinks and a pizza included.
- Joomla 4: Joomla 4.0 is coming soon, but it still has a lot of bugs and feature requests that are untested, which means they cannot be added into the Joomla core.
- Documentation: There are lots of Documents that need writing. Tutorials and Help Screens needed for Joomla! 4.
- Documentation Translation: At the PBF Event we hope to translate lots of English documents into other languages to give Joomla! users as much information as possible in their language.
- Patch testing: As a main rule, new functions for Joomla have to be tested before they can be merged into an official release. Usually, it takes only a few minutes and you can help make Joomla better.
In this document you should find information on how this event is organized. If you don't find what you are looking for, here are a few FAQs:
- Q: Where can I register if I want to join? A: Contact a Joomla! User Group (JUG) near you or write an email to the team .
- Q: I can't go to a location - can I join online? A: Yes! You only need a computer and an internet connection, but unfortunately you have to order your own pizza.
Organization, logistics and communications
If you would like to participate but you don't have a user group nearby. Or you are Joomla User Group and want to join. Just do it! There are a few requirements:
- You need a room with WiFi access
- You need some Joomlers equipped with a laptop and motivation.
- Do not hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the team on | Glip.
Of course, you can also join from home, but where is the fun without the community and the pizza?
For sharing information in the social media please use this hashtag: #pbf19.
If you want to get people together and have a venue to share, please add it below. Share as many details as possible, like exact location, URL for more information about the venue, ways to register, date and time when the venue is available etc. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to contact the Team ().
- Kenya - Nairobi
- Namibia - Windhoek
- Uganda - Kampala
- Nigeria - Lagos
- India - Maharashtra
- India - Dheli
- Belgique - Mont-Saint-Guibert
- Czech Republic - Olomouc
- Denmark - Dianalund
- Germany - Friedberg (Bavaria)
- Germany - Berlin
- Germany - Cologne
- Germany - Nuremberg
- Germany - Möhnesee-Günne
- Germany - Stuttgart
- Germany - Gießen
- Italy - Milano
- Netherlands - Bussum
- Austria - Wien
- United Kingdom - Essex
- United Kingdom - Gravesend
- United Kingdom - London
- Greece - Athens
- USA - Arlington Heights
- USA - New Brunswick
Oceania and Australia
- Australia - West End, Brisbane
For write access to this wiki
To get write access to this wiki you will need to register here first. Please be aware that the registration process requires a valid email address. If you are traveling to one of the physical locations you are advised to ensure that you have registered on this wiki and have a valid login before you travel. You don't need access to your email account after registration.
At a physical location
If you wish to be present at one of the physical locations listed above then you must register in advance because space most likely is limited. Registrations are the responsibility of the individual location organizers and you should click on the appropriate link above for more information.
Taking bugs, tasks and pizza
Pizza can be ordered at a shop near by :-)
- All code must be made available under the General Public Licence version 2.
- All documentation contributions must be made available under the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. Further information on the JEDL is available in the JEDL Frequently Asked Questions
- No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed. This includes backlinks to your website or anyone else's. The one exception is that if you have made a contribution then feel free to add your name and an optional link to your website to the Contributors List
- All contributions must be in English. Note that the official language of the Joomla Project is British/Australian English.
Preparations and installations
1.Watch the video trainings
That's how teamwork works these days :-)
3.Setting up a Joomla! installation
Required if you want to test patches. There are two ways to get a Joomla! installation at PBF:
- Option 1: The online PBF environment is available shortly before the PBF event and is also suitable for participants with little system knowledge.
- Option 2 allows you to set up a local installation on your device. You can find instructions here.
If you don't want to test patches but still want to give back a lot of support to the community, help writing the JDocs for Joomla! 4.
You will find all information you need to get started here. Please read:
- Create a JDoc account - read How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation
- Read the Wiki Policy
- JDoc Cheatsheet JDoc Wiki formatting codes
If you don't want to test patches but still want to give back and support the community, help to translate the JDocs.
Here you will find all the information you will need to get started. Please read How to Contribute to Joomla! Documentation.
List will be completed during the event: Contributors List
- Organizers website pizza-bugs-fun.com