From Joomla! Documentation
16 years after the first version, Joomla! 4 was released on 17th August 2021.
With a security first approach, granular access control and a new administration interface, Joomla! 4 comes with Bootstrap 5, Fontawesome, better accessibility built in, faster page loads and a host of other improvements.
- Why Use Joomla! 4?
Joomla! 4 is an Open Source, robust, secure and easy to use Content Management System (CMS) that enables website creators to produce powerful websites.
Maintaining content, the system and users is made easy by the use of software features that benefit from the skills and experience of a strong community of volunteers that have been maintaining and improving Joomla versions since 2005.
From a simple 5 page website to an enterprise solution serving thousands of pages, with its powerful layout overrides, custom fields and flexible modules built right in, your Joomla website can be built to look and feel just the way you want it to.
- Joomla! 4 Documentation
This portal brings together information related specifically to Joomla! 4.
Getting Started Joomla! Site Administration
- User Management
- Adding a New Article
- Deleting an Article
- Restricting access to an Article
- Scheduling the Publication of an Article
Joomla! Menus Joomla! Components Joomla! Plugins and Extensions
The Joomla 4 Extensions; Install page has an Install from Web option. By default it lists the extensions available in the official Joomla! Extensions Directory for your current version.
Alternatively you can go to: Joomla! Extensions Directory
Joomla! Templates Joomla! Development
- Component Tutorial - Part 1 - Site Code
- Component Tutorial - Part 2 - Administrator Code
- Developing an MVC Component
- Developing an MVC Component - Introduction
- Developing an MVC Component - Developing a Basic Component
- Developing an MVC Component - Language Mamagement
- Developing an MVC Component - Adding a Menu Type to the Site Part
- Developing an MVC Component - Adding a Request Variable in the Menu Link
- Developing an MVC Component - Adding a View to the Site Part
- Developing an MVC Component - Setting up the Database
- Joomla 3.10 Backports
- Adding Changelog to your Manifest File
- Client Side Events
- Cloud File Systems for Media Manager
- Joomla Codenames
- Joomla Entities
- Dependency Injection
- Namespace Conventions In Joomla
- Creating Multilingual Associations Automatically
- Response Formats
- Setting up Eclipse PDT 2020 and Git for Pulls
- Tips and Tricks for Joomla 4 Developers
- Weblinks for Joomla 4
- Patchtester for Joomla 4