From Joomla! Documentation
Application may refer to:
- Application (Package), a collection of PHP classes from the Joomla! Framework
You may also browse Application for articles and tutorials about this subject.
A Joomla! CMS installation consists of several Applications:
- Site, also known as the Front-end.
- Administrator, also known as the Back-end. It is here that you can make your major customisations for your site or front-end. You can set up how your template looks or you can add new extensions such as components, languages, modules, plugins and templates from the Joomla! Extension Directory (JED).
- Installer is an application that helps you to install and configure Joomla on your web site. Follow the next steps at Installer. This application should be deleted as soon as installation is completed.
- Extension Manager help screen, installed Extensions