Site Global Configuration
From Joomla! Documentation
Controls all critical global settings of the Joomla site, they include the following: Site, System, Server, Permissions, and Text filters.
The Global Configuration screen allows you to configure the Joomla site with your personal settings. Settings made in this screen apply to the whole site.
- Details on Site configuration
- Details on System configuration
- Details on Server configuration
- Details on Permissions configuration
- Details on Text filters configuration
How to access
To access this screen you can either:
- Click the Global button in the Control Panel, or
- Select System → Global Configuration from the drop-down menus.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the global configuration settings and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the global configuration settings and closes the current screen.
- Most, if not all, of these settings can be set once and then left alone.
- If major modifications need to be made, then consider taking the site offline to test it and to make sure everything is in working order.
- The settings are saved in '<Joomla-root>/configuration.php'. You have to either activate the FTP-layer or make the 'configuration.php' file writable to save your changes.