Joomla 4 Tutorials Project
From Joomla! Documentation
This Joomla! Documentation Wiki Tutorial Project is focused on providing tutorials to help Beginners and Developers with the main changes of Joomla 4. The Joomla Docs Wiki is collaborative, community-contributed and maintained, anyone can get involved in the Joomla 4 Tutorials Project! There are many small tasks in this JDOC project that when combined together will help produce high quality tutorials for beginner and intermediate Joomla! developers. Show others your interest in the Joomla project, sign up to help with this Docs Wiki Project on the discussion page.
Joomla 4 Tutorials Maintained
- Potential backward compatibility issues in Joomla 4
- Getting Started with Joomla!
- Adding a menu link in an article
- Creating a Plugin for Joomla 4
- Creating a simple Module for Joomla 4
- SCSS and Sass
- Setting up your local environment
- Setting up Eclipse PDT 2020 and Git for Pulls
- Web Assets
- Adding changelog to your manifest file
- How to Use the New HTTP Header Management
- Dependency Injection in Joomla 4
- CLI Database Exporter Importer
- Moving Joomla to Prepared Statements
- Namespace conventions in Joomla 4
- Writing a CLI Application with the new Console Package
- Improved Override Management
- The New Media Manager in Joomla 4.0
- Joomla 3.x to 4.x Step by Step Migration
- Joomla 4's API: There are several pages documentation which you can find linked in this Category on the Wiki
- Joomla 4 Help Screens
- Using Bootstrap Components in Joomla 4
Joomla 4.x Extensions - Simple working examples explained
To Do List
These are a few 'to do's' to get this project startedː
- How to use the new Publishing Workflow
- How to create an accessible template
- How to test the accessibility of an extension
- Developing an MVC component
- Joomla! 4 Component Development Tutorial
- Cassiopeia Template - Front End Template for Joomla 4
- Atum Template - Back End Template for Joomla 4
- HTML Mail Templates
- Joomla 4 Web Services API
- Single Sign On Web Authentication
- What's changed in Joomla 4? (vs backwards compatibility)
- Custom Admin User Dashboards
- Tips and Tricks for Joomla 4 Developers
- Plugin: System - Additional Accessibility Features
- Upgrading Joomla 4: Pre Update Check
Join This JDOC Project
- Just Register and login on this wiki to get started.
- Already registered, sign up to help this particular JDOC Project on the Talk page with your wiki signature ('4' tildes '~~~~') and task(s). Make sure you check the 'Watch this page' box or alternatively, you can add the project page to your Watchlist. It will keep you up to date on the project.
- For example:
- ~~~~ - categorisation
- ~~~~ - technical review
- ~~~~ - project tasks page
- ~~~~ - update project tasks page, technical reviewer
- Not sure you can help this project, or think you can help somewhere else? Join a different JDOC Project! The Joomla! Docs Wiki is a collaborative community-contributed resource of the Joomla! project. Everyone's help is appreciated and needed to maintain it.
Want to help but don't know how?
If you would like to contribute to the Wiki and just don't know where to start, please contact a member of the Documentation Team.
Help Improve the Joomla! Docs Wiki
What is the goal of this project?
To create, improve and maintain a high quality set of developer tutorials.
Do I have join this project to contribute to the Tutorial pages?
Not at all, but it helps to centralized the effort and keep duplicate work to a minimum on the Docs Wiki. See below, How much time...
Why do I have to sign up on for the project?
You are letting others know how you will contribute, even if it is in a small way. It will also add the discussion page to your Watchlist if you check the 'Watch this page' before you post. This is so you will receive news and more user notices of involvement in the project.
How much time is involved? I'm just too busy right now.
Your time and contributions are always appreciated! One small task might take only 5 mins a week of time (e.g. adding one page in a Tutorial series to your Watchlist to track changes). See above, Do I have to join to contribute...
Members of this Project
- Sandra Decoux
- Tom Hutchison
- Martijn Maandag
- Mike Brandner, Teamlead JDocs
- George Wilson, Joomla 4 Release Lead
- Patrick Jackson
The JDOC Joomla 4 Tutorials Project was started on Sat, 08 Dec 2018 in an effort to benefit the users of the Joomla! Documentation Wiki.