Participating in the Community
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Participating in the Community)
Contributing to the Joomla Project is easy and you can give as little or as much time as you want. Anyone can contribute on any level, not just developers.
If you think working with Joomla! is fun, wait until you start working on it. We're passionate about helping Joomla! users make the jump to becoming contributing members of the community. All participants and future participants are expected to comply with the Joomla! Code of Conduct.
Helping the Joomla! Project
There are many ways you can help with Joomla:
Production Department Teams
- Report bugs and request features in our trackers. Please read the article Filing bugs and issues for details on how we like our bug reports served up.
- Submit patches for new or repaired behavior. Please read the Patch submission guidelines, for details on how to submit a patch.
- Join the developer forums and share your ideas for how to improve Joomla!. We're always open to suggestions, although we're likely to be skeptical of large-scale suggestions without some code to back it up.
- Join any of the Production Teams and bring your personal expertise to the Joomla! community. More info about the different working groups can be found there.
- Contribute to documentation about Joomla by creating a JDocs account and editing the Joomla Documentation Wiki.
- Contribute to Joomla's Translations on Crowdin
Should you have any questions on any of the above items, join the regular Bugs & Fun @Home events running each Saturday.
Other Departments and Teams
If coding is not your area of expertise, there are many other aspects of the project in need of assistance. Visit the Joomla Volunteers Portal to find out more. Some ongoing ways you can help:
- Submit news about Joomla!. We syndicate all Joomla!-related news on our announcements portal. If you have some Joomla! news that you would like to share with the community, please submit your short story, article, announcement or review there.
- Joomla Community Magazine is published on the 20th of each month, and is always happy to receive new contributions from authors.
- Find a local Joomla User Group and get involved at the local level.
Ways to Contribute to Joomla
Joomla! is an open source project and contributions from the community are essential to its growth and success. To see how you can get started see Contribute to Joomla!
Create a Joomla Identity Portal Account
The Identity Portal serves as a Single-Sign-On provider for a number of Joomla project sites and tools. With your account, you will be able to log in to various connected websites, including the [Mattermost|Mattermost] communications tool used by the community.
The Identity Portal is also the central location to manage your personal data within The Joomla! Project. It's where you also update the details for your Joomla Volunteer Profile.
To create your account, visit the Identity Portal and click on Register. Once you've created and activated your account, the first time you log in you'll be prompted to consent to a variety of policies in order to use the various connected services.
Once you have an Identity Portal account, you can then access services that use the Identity Portal SSO, which includes the [Mattermost|Mattermost] communications platform.
Joomla uses a range of tools to help manage the community.
- Mattermost - Mattermost is the tool that all Joomla teams use for communications.
- Identity Portal - Create your account to use Mattermost
- GitHub - Joomla's code base is managed using GitHub
- Crowdin - Official Translations for Joomla language packs as well as many other aspects of the project are managed in Crowdin.